This marker is one of the cheaper paintball guns that you can get your hands on today. Cheap doesn’t mean bad and it can be said about this marker that it is basically a Tippmann 98 Custom. However, the Tippmann team has done a really great job with this gun, they have devoted a lot of time and effort to perfect the design and functions of the 98 Custom unit and the end result is this super Tippmann US Army Project Salvo paintball gun.
This 3Skull Close Quarters Set features reliability, high-end performance and awesome looks with appealing price-tag. It looks just like a real military gun and it’s not just about the looks, it also performs like one! It includes 11 top-rated barrel, rails to attach any extra items along with a magazine that you can use for storage also. Some players think that this model was only designed for Mil-Sim and training-simulation enthusiasts but the fact is that this marker is for any paintballer, regardless of skill level or experience. In case you’re looking for a military style marker that performs like a real rifle, you should give thoughts to this paintball marker. It’s now time to get down to business and look at what is so great about this marker.
- Licensed by the United States Army
- AR style barrel shroud containing 4 picatinny rails
- Aluminum receiver
- 11inch Quick Thread barrel
- Stainless steel gas-line
- Pica-tinny flattop rail
- AR style collapsibe
- Top-Quality in-line bolt structure/system
- Can be used with 98Custom Flatline Barrel and 98Custom Response Trigger
- Can be used with Cyclone Feed System and Alpha Black E-grip
- Front sling mount
- Includes a magazine with storage space as well
- Adjustable and removable front/rear sights
Mechanical Trigger – will provide you with steady and consistent shots. Since the trigger is mechanical, the firing process is dead easy. You will be able to fire easily without wasting energy, thanks the shooting mechanism.
Adjustable Rear Sight – will help you to adjust the unit by making use of the adjustable feature. It can be done whenever you have to adjust according to your needs and playing style. With the rear sight you will be able to estimate what’s likely to occur on the other side. Easy to remove, clean and re-assemble.
AR 15-Style- features 6 retractable placements that you can adjust based on your gameplay. Moreover, it has a folding stock that you can adjust/modify to fit your game-play. What’s more, it contains a magazine with intergraded Pica-tinny rails. Picatinny Rail – will make any removal or upgrades dead easy.
This paintball marker includes rails, a standard 11″ anodized quick thread barrel, stock and shroud. It’s a .68 caliber gun that you can use with any type of paintballs. Have in mind though that quality of the paintballs will affect your accuracy. Also, by using high-end paintballs you will improve your overall performance on the field and your marker will last longer if you treat the firing mechanism with quality paintballs. The mechanism features a semi-automatic open bolt blow back style system that requires CO2, air pressure or nitrogen.
The gun boasts a cycle that fires 8 paintballs per second. The front shroud includes four picatinny rails as well as an integrated sling mount that will allow you to attach accessories easily. The list of quality features that this marker includes is basically endless. Stainless steel gas-line, high-quality in-line bolt structure and the aluminum die cast receiver, just to name a few.
The Project Salvo paintball marker performs just like any other markers in its price range. However, what makes this unit stand out is actually how quite it fires. You might need to compensate for a little bit of left hand pull once you fire and it might take some practice to grasp. This marker is for almost all kinds of game-play. It doesn’t matter if you are playing woddsball, team tactits or Mil-Sim. However, due to its size and weight, it is not the best gun to use in speedball. Regarding range, this marker is supposed to be able to fire over 150 feet with accuracy but there are so many factors that determine range such as skill level, weather, air pressure and so on.
One of the best features of this marker is how easily and accessible the upgrades are. Most of those who bought this unit upgraded to an eGrip. Others went for cyclone hopper to replace the gravity fed hopper and most of the current owners did upgrade to an electrical hopper as well. The options are basically endless and players can choose from upgrades that include fore-grips, tactical flashlights, sights, tripods and bipods. What’s more, you can even update the barrel!
Is It Worth the Price?
The manufacturer has done a great job with the Project Salvo paintball marker and one of its selling point is how easy it is to upgrade. It was designed with versatility in mind and you can operate and master this gun regardless of your skill level. It is extremely resistant and durable product made of aluminum and basically built to last. At this price, you will have an awesome marker that will make your playing experience more joyful and it takes very little time to master the gun.
- Upgrade with ease
- Compatibility -You can use it with 98custom response trigger and 98 platinum series
- CO2 and pressure air compatible those are conveniently obtainable for refill at your desired
- paintball arena for a fair price
- Durable die-cast receiver that is made of top-rated aluminum
- Long lasting stainless steel braided gas line
- Rubber grip handle
- Stock is adjustable and sturdy
- Includes a pneumatic oil and barrel cleaner
- High-end performance
- Awesome military style design
- Very easy to maintain
- Because of its technical shooting mechanism, the marker may possibly provide considerably less precision and much less reliability in making shots
- Some users state that the design is long and with short distance firing.
- It is pretty heavy marker, around 8.5 pounds when loaded. However, you are able to reduce the weight without compromising its efficiency by removing some parts that you don’t really need.
- Current owners did mention that they would prefer an electric fed hopper instead of the annoying gravity fed hopper. You can get around this issue by upgrading to a cyclone hopper
All-around, this fantastic paintball gun is the perfect device for both starters and advanced paintballers. With so many options to upgrade, you really can’t go wrong with this unit. With the picantinny rails, you are able to upgrade easily to virtually any form of accessory. It is great unit for starters and you can later on upgrade to more sophisticated and advanced unit later on.
This marker is without a doubt among the most durable and sturdiest markers available, so you can rest assured that you can enjoy the paintball game without having to worry about breaking the device. If you are looking for a paintball gun that performs at top-level, is easy to handle and reliable as well, then this marker could be your best choice!